Search function does Not find older documents

Alexander Theiss August 27, 2013

In Conference when using search only older documents are found, no recently created pages

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Matthew J. Horn
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 27, 2013

Have you checked that the permissions of the recently created pages are such that the user who searches can see them? If you don't have permissions to see a page, it will not show up in the search results.

yes, thera are no restrictions on the recntly created pages, so all users can see them.

I just noticed that the list of "all updates" stopped also 4 weeks ago so that is the point where the problems began. Is this a problem of the indexing of confluence?

also tried to disable all new plugins, but still noch change. Rebuid from scratch?

Matthew J. Horn
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 27, 2013

well, I'd try restarting Confluence and the web server and maybe even the database server, rather than rebuilding.

0 votes
Alexander Theiss August 28, 2013

Restarted confluence, indexing was working again, but not for older documents, after rebuilding search index everything is working fine and properly, thanks!

0 votes
Steve Thornhill
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 27, 2013

Have you tried rebuilding the search index in the Admin section?

Hi Steve,

yes, I did it, no effect

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events