Search function does Not find older documents

In Conference when using search only older documents are found, no recently created pages

3 answers

1 accepted

This widget could not be displayed.

Have you checked that the permissions of the recently created pages are such that the user who searches can see them? If you don't have permissions to see a page, it will not show up in the search results.

yes, thera are no restrictions on the recntly created pages, so all users can see them.

I just noticed that the list of "all updates" stopped also 4 weeks ago so that is the point where the problems began. Is this a problem of the indexing of confluence?

also tried to disable all new plugins, but still noch change. Rebuid from scratch?

well, I'd try restarting Confluence and the web server and maybe even the database server, rather than rebuilding.

Have you tried rebuilding the search index in the Admin section?

Hi Steve,

yes, I did it, no effect

Restarted confluence, indexing was working again, but not for older documents, after rebuilding search index everything is working fine and properly, thanks!

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Monday in Confluence

Why start from scratch? Introducing four new templates for Confluence Cloud

Hi my Community friends!  For those who don't know me, I'm a product marketer on the Confluence Cloud team - nice to meet you! For those of you who do, you know that I've been all up in your Co...

464 views 6 6
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you