Search Results Page Shows "Hidden" Text

Melissa Henderson December 3, 2013

I am using a Note macro inside of a Show macro so that my note text is only visible to members within Group A.

When I log in to Confluence as a member of Group B and perform a search for the page that has the note, I can see the text that should be hidden in the search results (the note is the first thing on the page).

Is there a way to exclude hidden text that is included at the top of a page from appearing on the search results page?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Davin Studer
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 5, 2013

If you are referring to this plugin, then sadly the answer is no.

However this should work. Create another page that has the note macro and apply page permissions to it so that only Group A can view the page ... so that it doesn't show in search results. Then use an include page macro to pull that page into the other page and wrap that in the show macro(to avoid getting an error saying you don't have permissions to view the included page ... for the restricted people) and set it to only show to Group A. That should work for you.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events