Scrolling while navigation in the Same page?

Siddharth Bhojnagarwala November 8, 2011

Hello there,

Well I have come across this problem that in big lenghty pages I am creating, I want to place a link to Go to Top or Go here/there in the same page. IT is working absolutely fine with the Anchor tags.

The problem is It just shows me the portion I am linking directly, but I want it to scroll it, i.e, it should scroll to top and also for scroll for bottom instead of showing immediately/instantly. I guess some ScrollTo functionality of Jquery will work (as searched in google).

I am very new to javascript, jquery and Confluence, so can anyone please tell me how to integrate it so that automatically while doing same page navigation, it scrolls.

Regards.

2 answers

1 vote
David at David Simpson Apps
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
November 8, 2011

Better than my last answer, try this as it works...

<script>AJS.toInit(function(){
    AJS.$('a[href^="#"]').click(function(e){
         AJS.$('html,body').animate({scrollTop: AJS.$( AJS.$(this).attr('href' )).offset().top});
        e.preventDefault();
    });
});</script>

Update: This works if added to the At the end of the HEAD section. I forgot to add AJS.$ to the jQuery object :(

I added this:

<script type="text/javascript">
AJS.toInit(function(){
	$('a[href^="#"]').click(function(e){
		 $('html,body').animate({scrollTop: $( $(this).attr('href' )).offset().top});
		e.preventDefault();
	});
});
</script>

in my Administrator -> Custom HTML -> At end of the HEAD but still it is not scrolling!

Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
November 8, 2011

Good call. check the update above.

Added the NEW code At the end of the HEAD section. Now whats happening is, when I go to the link, and click on it, nothing is happening. should I add something more to the head section?

EDIT: It is working with Global Look and Feel theme but I am using Documentation theme.

0 votes
Marketplace Partner
November 8, 2011

Try this:

http://djpate.com/2009/10/07/animated-scroll-to-anchorid-function-with-jquery/

By the way: Atlassian refers to their version of jQuery with AJS.$ instead of jQuery or $.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events