Scroll Office text format not coming through as expected

Kate Hanna October 18, 2016

I've created a Word template and uploaded it to Confluence.

My normal text, and some of my headings, are coming through with a yellow background highlight, which is not on the Word template.

Scroll office help talked about unwanted HTML tags, but I can't see these, and I don't understand why that would be as the Confluence document I'm exporting was not previously imported from somewhere else.

Has anyone encountered this or got some tips for writing your own Scroll templates?

Thanks.

1 answer

0 votes
Bill Bailey
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 19, 2016

If some of your source in Confluence was pasted from another HTML source, you could have unwanted classes and span tags. As a test, highlight one of the offending headings and clear the formatting, apply paragraph, then the heading format again, and try. If it clears your problem, then that is the issue. At that point, you have two options

• Copy out all the text and paste into something like notepad to remove all the formatting. Delete all the text currently in the page, paste in the new text and reformat.
  • Get the source editor plugin so you can look at the actual page code to see what is causing the issue. You can then manually clean up the code, or use the RegEx capabilities of the source editor (good skill to have).
Kate Hanna October 24, 2016

Thanks Bill, after reading your post, I realised that my problem was probably in my Word template which had been created from a client's document.  I made a new template from scratch, and my formatting problems went away.

I will keep your post in mind if I encounter this problem again - some of my Confluence documents were imported from Word in the first place, then extensively modified, so may have this issue.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events