Scary typo on page

Barbara Snyder March 24, 2016

Re: the The Space Tools - Look and Feel tab: The “Choose new theme” area says "To change the default theme of this Confluence *site*”, not *space*. Is it safe to assume that is a typo, and I am actually changing the theme for the space? 

3 answers

0 votes
Barbara Snyder April 6, 2016

Can anyone at Atlassian confirm that the sentence shown above "To change the default theme of this Confluence site" should be "...of this Confluence space" when you are on the Look and Feel tab of the Space tools?  If I want to change the theme of a single space to the Documentation scheme, I should be able to do it from that tab, correct? Thanks.

0 votes
Robert G. Nadon
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 26, 2016

To set a theme to a space: https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/apply-a-theme-to-a-space-139535.html 

As far as default theme it would make no sense for a space to have a "Default" as only one theme can be applied.  So the "default" applies to the site, whereas to set an individual space theme see link above.

Just my two cents, in my words,   Nic, is the one of the most knowledgeable people on Atlassian answers, just giving my description.

Cheers and hope this helps,

Robert

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 26, 2016

That's a really good way to put it smile  (The bit about how the default applies, not the bit about me, but thanks for that too!)

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 24, 2016

I don't know which page you're talking about, but it could well be valid - as a system admin can change the global theme.

I said which page: Space Tools - Look and Feel tab. The top text says "theme for this SPACE" and the bottom text says "you can change default theme for this SITE."

In the Space Tools Look and Feel page, I would expect that I am only changing the default theme for the space, not the site. 

So is the text incorrect? Should it say "you can change the default theme for this SPACE?"

Because if not, I don't see any way to change the theme for the space.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 24, 2016

Ah, the number in your labels led me to think you were talking about documentation.  I'm with you now, sorry for getting confused.

There is no such thing as a default theme for a space.  A space has a theme.  If you don't set one, it takes the site default.  In this screen, you get a link to the site space because you're an admin.  I'd guess that as you don't see any options to change it for the space, you only have one theme installed.

I see Documentation Theme at the bottom. 

Screen Shot 2016-03-24 at 2.01.36 PM.png

I think the sentence should say theme, not site. How can I change the theme for a space?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events