Salesforce Smartlinks no longer working

Ed Willans June 23, 2022

Used to copy URLs from Salesforce into card descriptions, which would then appear as a smartlink and show the status of the Salesforce card. Has this functionality been removed?

2 answers

0 votes
kemobetter August 18, 2022

Did you manage to solve this problem? It seems we are experiencing something similar now with Salesforce. It’s the first time something like this has happened to our API system, and we don’t know exactly how to react.
I have already researched magicfuse.co, and there is plenty of information about this platform. But it seems that this issue is not that common, and there is no clear guidance on the official website on how to deal with it. Or maybe I am looking in the wrong direction.
Could you probably guide me a little on what I should do? We need to resume activity ASAP.

0 votes
Aaron Geister
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 23, 2022

@Ed Willans Hope all is well Ed. 

I hope I can get a little more insight to how you are using the smartlink. I use them still and I see them on my cloud site. 

I do believe if your connecting salesforce to jira usually need an add on to show the smartlink with the status of an issue. We use service rocket which is a great connector. 

Are you currently using an integration add-on?

Ed Willans June 23, 2022

Hi @Aaron Geister 

No - according to Salesforce guidance it should appear automatically without the need of a specific connector. It was working fine before, now has just stopped working.

Aaron Geister
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 23, 2022

All of ours are working in our Cloud environment. If this has stopped working for you I would suggest a Atlassian support ticket so they can follow up with you on any errors. 

Please let us know how this goes and if this has helped you in anyway. 

There is the shortcut commands that are stated in the smartlink guidance. Please check to see if those would help. You can convert them to not be a smartlink after you have set them up. Maybe that was done at some point.

Hope all is well. 
Aaron

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events