Restricting access to the Demonstration Space

Tim Milner January 19, 2012

Hi. I was wondering, is it possible to completely prevent user access to the Demonstration Space?

I have set up space restrictions, and root page restrictions, and it seems to prevent the desired users (external-confluence-users) from being able to land on an Atlassian-populated page. However, from their Dashboard, a user from that group still seems to be able to create a page or blog post (Test Page 1) in the Demonstration Space, and then when I test with another user account from that same user group, and search for that page or blog post, I seem to be able to view Test Page 1.

Is it possible to prevent certain users from not being able to access any pages in that space, and to not be able to create pages within that space? I want to prevent the possibility of external users (with very limited access to one or two pages on Confluence) being able to copy confidential content (posted by an internal member of staff working with Client A) from one page, and pasting it in the demonstration space for access by another external user (also with very limited access to Confluence pages, and working for Client B, Client A's rival).

Is it possible to restrict this access completely?

Thanks,

Tim

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 19, 2012

Yes, modify space permissions.

Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 19, 2012

Ah right, Anonymous :)

Tim Milner January 19, 2012

Hi Jobin. I had been doing this, but was unable to make the restrictions stick.

However, your response made me go in one more time, just to check, and I scrolled down and noticed what I had been missing. The anoymous users had been given view rights, which was why my space restrictions weren't sticking.

Thanks!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events