Reset Confluence Site

balancell-matteo November 4, 2020

I am performing a migration of our self-hosted confluence server to the cloud offering and as there was already some test data in the cloud site, I followed the instructions here: 

https://confluence.atlassian.com/cloudkb/reset-and-delete-all-data-from-your-cloud-site-691012037.html

to reset it before attempting the migration.

I am however stuck at step 5 as in the Manage Subscriptions page there is a note saying "Cancellation pending" as shown in this screenshot:

Screenshot 2020-11-04 114632.jpg

This means that Confluence does not show up in the "Discover Applications" page and so I can't select the "Reactivate" for it as described in the guide. 

Screenshot 2020-11-04 114851.jpg

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Daniel Eads
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 4, 2020

Hi, welcome to the Community!

From the screenshot you've posted, it looks as though only Confluence is active on your site. The steps to reset in this case are slightly different; you'll need to activate another product on the site (Jira Core for example) in order to proceed. I've copied the relevant steps here:

Resetting your site if you only have one cloud product

If you only have one product on your cloud site (Jira, Confluence, or Opsgenie) you will need to activate a trial of another product so you can manage the reset without deleting the whole site.

1. Activate another product on your cloud site.

1. On your cloud site, go to Administration> Discover applications

2. Click Free trial or Reactivate on the other product (For example if you're only using Confluence, you’ll need to activate Jira).

2. Once your second product is activated, go to Administration> Billing > Manage subscriptions.

3. Look for the product you want to reset (Jira or Confluence), select the 3 dots for more options, and then select Delete.

4. Enter the word DELETE into the field. 

5. Once it's done, reactivate the product by going to Administration > Discover applications and select Reactivate on the product you just reset.

6. If you no longer need the other product, deactivate it using the instructions from Step 2.

After clearing the top step (adding an additional product on the site) I think you'll be in good shape to proceed! Happy to help if you run into any issues.

Cheers,
Daniel | Atlassian Support 

balancell-matteo November 5, 2020

Thanks for the info Daniel,

I managed to resolve it by signing up for a trial of premium and using the administrator access to delete the space in question and complete the migration

0 votes
Alexandrakis Alexandros June 29, 2021

Hello , is this still valid for deleting a site? 

The only option I have is to CANCEL and not DELETE. 

I m waiting for about a week and the site is still there. 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events