Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Request legacy editor and Confluence 7.4.3

Sam Sang May 3, 2023

Hi Atlassian team,

I love Confluence product and my company use legacy editor and 7.4.3 version, I created a lot documents there. Now I want to build my own personal space by casually do some writings, but I find it very inconvenient to adjust to the new layout. Can I switch back to 7.4.3 and legacy editor when you got time?

Thanks very much!

Best,

Sam

2 answers

2 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 5, 2023

Hi Sam,

I am not certain it is still possible to revert to the legacy editor, but I created a support case on your behalf to see if our team can still do this.  You can access this over in https://getsupport.atlassian.com/servicedesk/customer/portal/23/JST-871340

Regards,

Andy

Sam Sang May 5, 2023

Thank you very much Andy!!!

Sam Sang May 5, 2023

I got the legacy editor now! Thanks very much!

Scott Buratt June 23, 2023

@Andy Heinzer, how can others gain access to the Confluence "Classic" Editor. We have images that would be better served with the Classic Editor then the current editor.

Is there a way we can get exposed for individual users ?

Note, we are a Cloud environment.

Thanks...

Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 23, 2023

Hi @Scott Buratt 

This kind of change is not applied on a per user basis. Instead it is applied on a site-wide basis.  Since your account is not the site-admin here your account would have the ability to make the support request needed for us to implement this kind of change.

I would recommend that you have one of your site-admins open a support request at https://support.atlassian.com/contact and request the legacy editor for Confluence within that support ticket.

Since your site is a paid site, we need that request to come from a site-admin to be able to request the proper data access to apply the change.  Users of free plans sites would still need to be a site-admin, but since they cannot create support tickets directly there, we tend to create this on their behalf when requested.

Scott Buratt June 23, 2023

Awesome @Andy Heinzer 

Would either new or classic be accessible on a per user/page edit selection or would the classic be applied to the full site and the "new" editor would not be available?

Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
June 26, 2023

@Scott Buratt My understanding was that this change was site-wide in nature.  But I would still recommend creating the support ticket through your site-admin.  Someone from the Confluence Cloud support team should be better able to answer that aspect here.

1 vote
Answer accepted
Ollie Guan
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 3, 2023
Sam Sang May 3, 2023

Thanks Ollie, will try!

Sam Sang May 3, 2023

I'm on a free plan so can't create support ticket.

Ollie Guan
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 3, 2023

@Jessica Please help to deal with this free plan case, thank you.

Sam Sang May 3, 2023

Thanks Ollie!!

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events