Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Replace "Numbered Headings" Macro with User Macro - retaining content

Hi Community!

We have been using the free version of the "Numbered Headings" macro a lot. Now that the most recent versions have moved to a paid model, we would like to stop using the macro.

Is there any way you know that we can replace the macro with a same-called user macro and retaining the content?

My tests in our test environment allowed me to replace the macro so that the pages were VISIBLE (view mode). But as soon as I was hitting edit mode, there was only a blank page and all content lost.

Any ideas would be highly appreciated.

Many thanks in advance,

Thorsten

3 answers

2 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted

I worked around this by adding the following to custom HTML:

AJS.$(document).ready(function() {
if (!AJS.clone)
AJS.clone = e => { e = AJS.$(e); if (e.length) return AJS.$.clone(e); return AJS.$(); };
});

Interesting option, thanks Adam! What is AJS?

0 votes
Answer accepted

What we ended up doing was:

1. Upgrade the system to the latest version (i.e. beyond 7.8, which introduced "Disabled macros will preserve your content"
  2. Follow this KB article How to bulk update Confluence content through the database to replace old macros with new ones | Confluence | Atlassian Documentation

Problem solved.

We have communicated to all customers that have been on the free version for a long time how they can keep making use of that functionality. If you missed that, feel free to reach out to our support and we'll help you out. There is no need to workaround this.

That ship has sailed :)

You know where the harbor is. We're there to help, any time.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Confluence

👁‍🗨 Confluence Team planning dashboard_Atlympics 🌈

Hi Atlassian's, How is your journey with #Atlympics 2021 so far....excited! Me too, same excitement. Here's my typical team planning and vision dashboard which I used to share to my management and ...

125 views 1 5
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you