Removing labels for page buttons: Edit, Save for later, Watching, etc.

Stan Ry
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 15, 2018

Howdy,

Is there any way I could remove lables for page buttons like Edit, Favorite, Share, etc.?

I have noticed that whereas some of my pages don't have labels next to all buttons but the Edit button:

NoButtonLabels.png

others show labels next to control buttons:

ButtonLabels.png

Is there any way I could set the pages to always look like in the first figure above so that only the Edit button has its label and all other buttons only display their icons?

Thank you.

2 answers

0 votes
Stan Ry
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 16, 2018

I was thinking of changing attribute values with JQuery. For example, the Watching button has the following ID:

watch-content-button

and the code looks as

<a id="watch-content-button" href="/wiki" rel="nofollow" class="aui-button aui-button-subtle watch-menu watch-state-initialised" title="Stop watching (w)">
<span>
<span class="aui-icon aui-icon-small aui-iconfont-watch"></span>

<u>W</u>atching
</span>
</a>

Could anybody hint on how could I reset the label value for the <u/> tag under the <a/> element with ID of

watch-content-button

Any clues?

0 votes
Victor Mutambuki
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 15, 2018

Stan,

Highly unlikely as they come with the tool. In addition, they are very useful buttons.

Victor

Stan Ry
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 16, 2018

Hi Victor,

Is there any way I could force Confluence to always use the shortnened label-less look as in the first example?

Any way to set Confluence to always show buttons in the following manner?

NoButtonLabels.png

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events