Remove forgotuserpassword.action - any unexpected consequences?

Mike Buchanan May 23, 2018

We are on Confluence version 6.6.1.  Our users authenticate with a SAML plugin but their user accounts are in the internal directory.  However, we want them always to login with the SAML authentication.  Since they don't use the internal directory Confluence password, we have set them all to long random passwords for safety. 

I have hidden the Forgot password link on our wiki.net/login.action?nosso page using CSS but if they know the url - wiki.net/forgotuserpassword.action, they could still go and reset their password.

So, my question is, what would be the impact if we removed the forgotuserpassword.action page from our Confluence build?  Does that have the possibility of breaking something else?

Thanks!

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
AnnWorley
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 23, 2018

I am not sure what method you would use to remove the forgotuserpassword.action page. If you just block it from the proxy it certainly won't impact the rest of the instance.

If you want to do a deeper hack to remove it, please try in a test instance first to avoid surprises in Production.

Christian Reichert (resolution)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 24, 2018

Hi @Mike Buchanan,

to my knowledge when we tried it a long, long time ago, there was no negative impact we could see.

Cheers,
  Christian

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events