Reinstalling Confluence server remembers previous admin account

tonyjeffreys March 6, 2018

Hi - I recently installed Confluence on my Linux server but managed to forget the details of the admin user account that's set up during the installation process (duh!).  So I went ahead and uninstalled and reinstalled Confluence but I ended up at the login step rather than  being given the option to create an admin account a fresh.  So it seems that the new installation has picked up the user account details from my first installation.  Does anyone know how to avoid this from happening?  Thanks.

2 answers

0 votes
Igor M.
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 6, 2018

Hey,

What Nic said, but also you don't need to re-install Confluence if you loose admin account you can reset password directly from DB following Restore Passwords To Recover Admin User Rights KB.

Just make sure you follow one appropriate to your Confluence version.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 6, 2018

You didn't clean out the database (drop all the tables) before re-installing did you?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events