Receive error screen when trying to go to Space Directory Admin

Mark Haller January 7, 2012

I'm getting the following error -

org.apache.velocity.exception.MethodInvocationException: Invocation of method 'getLogoDownloadPath' in class com.atlassian.confluence.plugins.spacedirectory.ViewSpaceDirectoryAction threw exception java.lang.NullPointerException at /templates/spacedirectory.vm line 65, column 59

When trying to access the Space Directory as an admin. Can you help?

11 answers

0 votes
Derek de Bas June 11, 2012

That solved it. Thank you very much for answering.

--spearhead

0 votes
Eric Salonen
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 6, 2012
0 votes
Derek de Bas June 1, 2012

Selecting Browse / Space Directory in Atlassian Confluence 4.2.3, produces the exact same error:

org.apache.velocity.exception.MethodInvocationException: Invocation of method 'getLogoDownloadPath' in  class com.atlassian.confluence.plugins.spacedirectory.ViewSpaceDirectoryAction threw exception java.lang.NullPointerException at /templates/spacedirectory.vm[line 65, column 59]

I am running a fresh install of Atlassian Confluence 4.2.3 with only SubSpace Plugin v1.7.3 installed.

What can I do to solve this?

--Spearhead

0 votes

Selecting Browse / Space Directory in Atlassian Confluence 4.2.3, produces the exact same error:

org.apache.velocity.exception.MethodInvocationException: Invocation of method 'getLogoDownloadPath' in  class com.atlassian.confluence.plugins.spacedirectory.ViewSpaceDirectoryAction threw exception java.lang.NullPointerException at /templates/spacedirectory.vm[line 65, column 59]

I am running a fresh install of Atlassian Confluence 4.2.3 with only SubSpace Plugin v1.7.3 installed.

--Spearhead

0 votes

--Spearhead

0 votes

--Spearhead

I just noticed that this error only occurs when logged in as Administrator.

Logged in as a regular user, this error does not occur and the Spaces Directory window appears as expected.

--Spearhead

Derek de Bas June 2, 2012

It seems I was wrong.

In my particular setup, this error also occurs for regular users that have access to 4 spaces.

Users having only access to 1 or 2 spaces do not get this error.

Perhaps this helps.

--Spearhead

0 votes

--Spearhead

0 votes
Peter Macdonald May 7, 2012

Not having the issue any more. Not sure what I did back in Jan uary but we're now running 4.1.5.

0 votes
Claus köll May 7, 2012

Is there now a answer ? I have the same Problem !

0 votes
Peter Macdonald January 17, 2012

I'm getting exactly the same error running Confluence 4.1.2

0 votes
Joe Clark
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 8, 2012

What version of Confluence are you running?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events