RE upgrade versus patch for downloaded confluence

Leesa Pridham
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
August 7, 2013

Regarding the security issues "We are writing to inform you of a critical security vulnerability that affects all downloaded versions of Confluence up to and including 5.1.4."

i am having difficulty installing the patch as i cannot find the folder with the patch file

also - if i wanted to upgrade the version of confluence we have to a later version - can i just download a newer version and run it? what will happen to all the info i currently have in there? will it be lost?

I also need to know how to change the email address associated with this account. The person who set it up no longer works with us and we need to close this email address down. please advise.

I'd appreciate any help possible please.

thanks.

Deb.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 7, 2013

>i am having difficulty installing the patch as i cannot find the folder with the patch file

I don't understand that. You click on the download, open it and copy the file in it into a directory in your confluence installation. Could you explain what you mean by "can't find folder"?

>also - if i wanted to upgrade the version of confluence we have to a later version - can i just download a newer version and run it? what will happen to all the info i currently have in there? will it be lost?

You won't lose anything if you do it correctly - see https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Upgrading+Confluence

>I also need to know how to change the email address associated with this account.

I think you need to contact Atlassian support to do that for Answers, but you can simply create a new Answers account.

0 votes
Timothy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 7, 2013

if i wanted to upgrade the version of confluence we have to a later version - can i just download a newer version and run it?

There might be specific upgrade guides that you would need to go through depending on how old your current Confluence is but it is upgradable.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events