Pull Sspace Inventory to Excel Report

Jessica Brown October 22, 2018

I'd like to pull a report for a space within our confluence site to take inventory of the pages, subpages and links. How can I do that?

1 answer

0 votes
Jonathan Smith
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 22, 2018

If this request is for Confluence server, access the database and run this query:

select DISTINCT b.SPACENAME, a.TITLE
from dbo.CONTENT a left join dbo.SPACES b on a.SPACEID=b.SPACEID
where a.CONTENTTYPE='PAGE'
and a.TITLE is not NULL
and b.SPACENAME = 'type space name here'
order by b.SPACENAME

Jessica Brown October 24, 2018

Hi Jonathan, I am a little confused but think I may be framing my question incorrectly. What I would like is to have an excel report of the page tree for a space within our site including:

• Page Title
  • URL
  • Date of last update
  • Name of user who updated page last
  • Page hierarchy (child page(s) & parent page)

Can this be done? I think this is different than the export data, as that comes through in code rather than a report.

Please advise. Thank you!

Jonathan Smith
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 24, 2018

@Jessica Brown,

Confluence server doesn't have reporting built into the application. The only real reports we get in Confluence is space activity or global activity. 

Note: If you are on cloud, someone else will have to respond. Not sure how cloud reporting works.

Typically since your data (if on server) is stored in your database, you or your reporting team should be able to query the database to make reports.

The following query will hit all your points except for the URL. Once you see your results, select all, copy with headers, and paste into excel.

Query:
select DISTINCT b.SPACENAME, a.TITLE, a.LASTMODDATE, c.username [MODIFIER], d.TITLE [PARENT PAGE], a.CHILD_POSITION
from dbo.CONTENT a left join dbo.SPACES b on a.SPACEID=b.SPACEID left join dbo.user_mapping c on a.LASTMODIFIER=c.user_key left join dbo.CONTENT d on d.CONTENTID = a.PARENTID
where a.CONTENTTYPE='PAGE'
and a.TITLE is not NULL
and b.SPACENAME = 'Jonathan Smith'
order by a.TITLE

Results:
b.jpg

Copy (with headers) and paste into Excel:
c.jpg

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events