Providing style to a Space in 6.0.5

Jeffrey LeCours April 6, 2017

My goal is to style the background of inline code blocks to have a gray background, similar to the style on StackOverflow. In fact, this SO comment purports to allow just that.

I'm a Space Admin and can visit the Look and Feel page:

chrome_2017-04-06_15-09-27.png

Following the instructions on the SO link above, I tried to change the style in a few different ways but had no luck. 

chrome_2017-04-06_15-09-49.pngchrome_2017-04-06_15-12-45.pngchrome_2017-04-06_15-12-57.png

Is this not the appropriate way to provide Space styling? Is the {style} macro something unsupported / 3rd party?

3 answers

0 votes
Jeffrey LeCours April 7, 2017

Ah... I think this might be my issue:

-------

Notes

Note: By default, only system administrators can edit the CSS for a space or for the site. To allow any user with Space Admin permissions to edit the CSS for a space, go to  > General Configuration > Security Configuration and select Custom Stylesheets for Spaces.

0 votes
Jeffrey LeCours April 7, 2017

Looking at the first link you provided, the instructions are:

-------

Getting Started
Editing the CSS

To edit a space's CSS style sheets:

1. Go to the space and choose Space tools > Look and Feel from the bottom of the sidebar
  2. Choose Stylesheet then Edit.
  3. Paste your custom CSS into the text field.
  4. Save your changes. The new CSS will be visible on all content pages in the space.

-------

You can see in my second screenshot that Stylesheet isn't available to me.

0 votes
NotTheRealStephenSifersNOPENOPENOPENOPE
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 6, 2017

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events