Problems with attachingmore than 2 versions of a file

william May 23, 2018

Using Confluence Server 6.2.0.

Add an attachment with label first.

Add the same file again with label second.

So far so good. Both versions show up and the "top" one has the correct label of second.

Add the same file again with label third.

Now two version 2s show up.

Add the same file again with label fourth.

This version does not show up in the list at all.

So I am guessing something is really broken with attachment versioning?

1 answer

0 votes
AnnWorley
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 23, 2018

Hi William,

In Confluence 6.2.x, when I upload the same attachment with the same name on the same page it versions the attachments and any label I add has to be added to all of them. The only way I can think of to add labels to subsequent attachments is to change their filenames so Confluence will not consider them as different versions of the same file.

Screen Shot 2018-05-23 at 1.51.39 PM.pngThere are more details and screen shots in Manage Files

Thanks,

Ann

william May 24, 2018

The label were just a way of keeping track. The real issue iI cannot add more than 2 additional versions of a file. If I add a third, or more, it does not show up in the list. Even with 3 versions the list displays 2 version 2s.

Danyal Iqbal
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 24, 2018

+1 for bug...

william May 24, 2018

Nevermind. It turns out this is related to something we changed. Can't blame Atlassian for this one.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events