Problem on working with multiple page property macros on a single page

Martin Angleitner January 10, 2022

I've got one page and created several page property macros. Therefore I built a table and added the needed values to it.

So I copied over the table from one section to the next. The table structrue is exact the same.

But on parent's page, where I'm currently displaying the page property report, I can only see one entry from the first macro. All other entries are missing.

I'm not using the property ID, because i need to display all macros. Any idea for my solving my problem?

3 answers

1 vote
Sven Schatter _K15t_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
January 10, 2022

Hi @Martin Angleitner,

I'm pretty sure that you can't do this with the standard Page Properties macros. This is one of the limitations of Page Properties why my team at K15t came up with the idea for our app Orderly Databases for Confluence.

With Orderly, which is essentially like a better version of Page Properties, you could create a database that has a field of type "page" and then have multiple entries for a given page like this:

Page with multiple Entries - Orderly - Confluence 2022-01-10 17-04-20.png

Then, on the page where you'd have your Page Properties Report macro, you can insert an Orderly Database macro that displays the grouped up values:

Overview - Orderly - Confluence 2022-01-10 17-05-14.png

Hope this helps! By the way, if your team consists of 10 members or less, Orderly is completely free for you to use! :)

Cheers,
Sven

0 votes
Pramodh M
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 10, 2022

Hi @Martin Angleitner 

Welcome to the community!!

Here's a reference on how multiple page properties works.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/page-properties-macro-184550024.html

• In your case if you need to use all page properties macro, specify all the page properties with their respective id.

Thanks,

Pramodh

Martin Angleitner January 12, 2022

Hi @Pramodh M ,

I tried to specify the same  property ID on all macros and also i set it up in the report. But the report still displays only the first entry. 

0 votes
Dave Mathijs
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 10, 2022

Hi @Martin Angleitner , welcome to the Atlassian Community!

The Page Properties macro includes an optional ID parameter that can be used to identify specific Page Properties macros. 

To show the contents of all Page Properties macros in the report:

1. Add a label to the page containing the Page Properties macros
  2. Specify this label in the Page Properties Report macro

Thanks to accept this answer if it solves your question.

Martin Angleitner January 10, 2022

Hi,

I've specified the label. Otherwise I guess I would not see any item within the property report.

As wrote above, the thing is that only the first page property is getting displayed

Like Svetlana Zhelenkova likes this
Svetlana Zhelenkova September 15, 2022

experiencing the same issue that described in the 1st message

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders