Problem connecting Confluence connector to Bing

Robert Bardziński September 27, 2024

Hey. I have a problem adding a connector to Bing. I used all the documentation for assigning Bing to my Confluence site. As far as I can see, other users do not see it. When I paste the link for the user - he can install the connector but after clicking Continue the message bad state is displayed.

I do not know how to solve this

Screenshot_3.png

2 answers

0 votes
Robert Bardziński October 16, 2024

Still I have a problem. Any advice?

0 votes
Benjamin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 27, 2024

Hi @Robert Bardziński ,

Might be good to share which connector you are using and share how exactly you configure it. Perhaps those who used the same connector can chime in.

Currently, based on just the screen shot. It is leading towards an authentication issue between apps.

Robert Bardziński September 30, 2024

In Atlassian developer I added:
Distibution: Sharing (but I also looked at not sharing)

Permissions:
read:content:confluence read:content-details:confluence read:space-details:confluence read:audit-log:confluence read:page:confluence read: attachment:confluence read:blogpost:confluence read:custom-content:confluence read:comment:confluence read:template:confluence read:label:confluence read:group:confluence read:relation:confluence read:user:confluence read:space:confluence read:space.permission :confluence read:space.property:confluence read:content.permission:confluence read:content.property:confluence read:content.restriction:confluence read:content.metadata:confluence read:inlinetask:confluence read:permission:confluence read:whiteboard :confluence read:database:confluence read:embed:confluence read:folder:confluence read:app-data:confluence write:content:confluence

Authorization: OAuth 2.0 with Callback URL: https://gcs.office.com/v1.0/admin/oauth/callback

In MS:

In Microsoft I added Confluence Cloud

- OAuth2 authentication method
- Access sharing: Only people with access to this data source (I can't change )

Added result types with sample json

In branches, I added a new type with content source to my connector

Benjamin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 30, 2024

I'm not familiar with your setup. Is this connector distributed by Microsoft or Atlassian?

Just from the information, the problem doesn't seem to be permission. Usually with Oauth, there's an initial exchange of Oauth tokens to authenticate both endpoints. May want to check there to make that is not having an issue.

Robert Bardziński October 1, 2024

This is an Atlassian to Microsoft connection.

Everything works only on one account, the one I created it on.

I used the official Microsoft documentation on how to connect both things so they are displayed in Bing.

I used this documentation specifically.

https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoftsearch/confluence-cloud-connector

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events