Preview .pdf and .xlsx in v.6.1.1

Tatyana Kuznetsova
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
July 25, 2017

Hi!

We using Confluence v.6.1.1

Preview .pdf and .xlsx not working:

• for .pdf files it is offered to download them.
  • for .xlsx files it is offered to download them also or it is previewing but uncorrect (look at the picture)

Maybe this problem is fixed in version 6.1.2 and up?

to be.pngView xlsx.pngDownload.png

3 answers

0 votes
Yanick Belart April 20, 2018

Hi

We also have the same problem. The preview of XLSX Files doesn't work. We just see the loading icon all the time, but nothing happen:

2018-04-20 16_30_09-.png

Confluence 6.2.4

Google Chrome V 65.0.3325.181 (Official Build) (64-bit)

We already flushed the cache on Confluence and in Google Chrome. Still the same issue.

Thanks for helping.

Bests,

Yanick

Sven Rollinger November 5, 2019

The same here.

Google Chrome Version 78.0.3904.87 (Offizieller Build) (64-Bit)

0 votes
Warren
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 28, 2017

Hi

We're having a similar problem with Excel workbooks on the cloud based version of Confluence. Up until a few weeks ago, we could view the worksheet within the Confluence page without even clicking on it, but now it looks like the screenshot below i.e. useless, unless we edit it

Picture0002.jpg

0 votes
AnnWorley
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 27, 2017

If you recently upgraded from a version prior to Confluence 5.7, you amy be running into the issue described in Unable to preview attachments using the new file preview in a page after upgrade to 5.7 and later versions

If this behavior is not after an upgrade, then please let me know:

1. When was the preview issue reported?
  2. Were there were any moves, adds or changes around that time to the network or other infrastructure?
  3. Does it matter what browser is used?

Regarding the issue being fixed in a later version, I searched our public bug tracker (https://jira.atlassian.com) and found a lot of bugs around previewing PDFs but nothing that seems to match your case. The good news is, that if it's not a bug we can probably figure out how to fix it.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events