PowerPoint Macro Trims Left Side of Slides

James Cooper November 29, 2022

Hi Confluence Community,

A colleague has used the PowerPoint Macro to display a .pptx on Confluence Cloud.

The slides are formatted as widescreen (16:9 ratio) with a landscape orientation.

When displayed in the macro or in the document preview, the left hand side of every slide is trimmed off / not visible (about 1.5cm).

This makes the slides difficult to interpret and defeats the purpose of the macro and preview features.

Is this a known issue?  Are there any workarounds, short of editing every slide to include a wider left margin?

Best wishes,

James

1 answer

0 votes
Dave Mathijs
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 29, 2022

Hi @James Cooper 

Have you tried to change/adapt the height/width properties of the Office Powerpoint Macro? I'm unable to reproduce the issue. Any chance of sharing a screenshot?

James Cooper November 30, 2022

Hi @Dave Mathijs ,

Thanks for responding.

Can you see the screenshot below?  I've had to block out the internal information but at the top you can see that the first word "Current" is trimmed by nearly two letters.

Screenshot 2022-11-30 091718.png

I wondered if the issue was similar to the Excel Macro where you need to set the print area on the spreadsheet to the size you want to display in Confluence, but this doesn't seem to be the case.

I'll have a play with the slide size settings and feed back here.

Best wishes,

James

Dave Mathijs
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 30, 2022

That's strange indeed and I haven't noticed it before.

Don't hesitate to submit a support request with Atlassian for this issue.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events