Popular Labels Macro (heatmap) - refresh interval?

Laura Bier January 6, 2020

Hi - I can't find any documentation on the Popular Labels Macro (Heatmap) that says how often it gets refreshed. Does anyone know? 

https://confluence.atlassian.com/confcloud/popular-labels-macro-724765267.html

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Zak Laughton
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 7, 2020

Hi Laura!

Your previous response got me thinking, and I was able to reproduce a similar issue (yes, testing in Confluence cloud). I found that the popular labels macro shows the labels of pages that are in the space trash. For further details, you can see the bug ticket I created for our product team here: CONFCLOUD-69037 – Popular Labels and Labels List macros include labels for pages in space trash.

The good news is that these labels no longer showed up when they were purged from the space trash. Does purging the space trash resolve the issue for you? (Space settings Content toolsTrashPurge All).

Laura Bier January 7, 2020

oh my gosh! heading off to try that now...

Like Zak Laughton likes this

wha wha whaaaaaaa. There was 100+ pages in the trash so I was hopeful.... but no difference.  When you click on the label (it's the biggest one in my heat map) it tells you there are no pages with that label.  so weird. I've checked that it is limited to just the space we wanted. I've checked the templates. I'm running out of ideas...

I've also added a new popular labels macro and get the same results. Also, confirmed it behaves the same way whether in list or heatmap style... 

I just found another label (GSMS) that has no pages linked to it.  It was linked to a deleted page that is no longer there.  Confluence really does appear to be caching something somewhere...

Laura Bier January 21, 2020

@Zak Laughton thanks again for your help with this, while it didn't fix the entire problem, it solved part of it! I just booked my ticket for Atlassian Summit! It'll be my first. I'm excited.

Like Zak Laughton likes this
Zak Laughton
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 21, 2020

Glad I could help at least a little bit! This certainly is a strange issue. Have fun at Summit! Never been, but I hear awesome things :)

Laura Bier February 3, 2020

@Zak Laughton FYI - we resolved our problem - labels from "drafts" were showing in the heat map even though they hadn't been published... another bug?

Zak Laughton
Atlassian Team
February 5, 2020

Thanks for the update, Laura, and glad to hear you were able to resolve it! And I was able to reproduce the same behavior with draft labels. That is a very strange bug. I created another bug ticket (similar to the first one) for this to let our dev team know: CONFCLOUD-69281 – Popular Labels and Labels List macros include labels for unpublished draft pages.

Thanks again for sharing your solution!

Like Laura Bier likes this
0 votes
Zak Laughton
Atlassian Team
January 7, 2020

Hi Laura!

I just did some testing, and the Popular Labels Macro heat map updates in real time. To test, I put up a heat map macro that shows labels for that space, then added and removed labels to other pages. Each time, the Popular Label Macro updated immediately after refreshing the page, including: adding labels, removing labels, making the labels smaller, making the labels bigger.

I hope this helps!
– Zak

Thanks for testing Zak.  So weird.  We are not seeing that! We have a massive label for "Specifications" and when you click on that it shows no pages (because we changed them all to use the flag "Specification" (singular).  Apparently I need to do some more trouble shooting.  I wonder if its a label that a template is using....

Zak, are you on cloud?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events