Plugins not working

Geoff Galitz September 29, 2011

Hi.

Under Confluence 3.0.2 we are having trouble getting various diagram plugins working. We have both gliffy and yed, but neither of them work. There is no add diagram option available under the add content menu.

I suspect it is a wider issue with plugins not working at all. Does anyone have any pointers on where to start looking to troubleshoot this?

Thanks

4 answers

1 vote
Ole Kristensen September 29, 2011

Sometimes disabling/enabling a macro magically makes it work again.

David at David Simpson Apps
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
September 29, 2011

Yes, this often works a treat.

0 votes
Geoff Galitz October 5, 2011

Ok.. did some more digging and found this with a recent plugin install:

2011-10-05 08:35:39,192 WARN [SpringOsgiExtenderThread-6] [atlassian.confluence.cache.TransactionalCacheFactory] put Transactional cache update outside transaction. All updates to this cache should be performed from a thread with a valid transaction context.
-- referer: http://confluence.shutterstock.com/admin/viewplugins.action | url: /admin/uploadplugin.action | userName: XXXX | action: uploadplugin

Any suggestions on hwo to deal with this?

0 votes
Chris Kohlhardt September 29, 2011

Hi Geoff,

If you're a current customer, our support team is happy to help you work through this problem directly. The best place to get support from us is through our support portal at http://support.gliffy.com

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 29, 2011

The log files, they should tell you what is failing.

Before that, I'd have a quick look at the Admin -> Plugins page to see if the plugins are installed and showing in there. If they are, they may have an error message or something to help you find their entries in the log. If they aren't then you know you want to read the log for around the time Confluence starts up, or for when you install them, as a plugin failing to load will produce informative error messages at that point.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 29, 2011

Oh, and check the versions of the plugins are correct for your version of Confluence - that won't be explicit in the logs most of the time, and it's much easier to read and compare the versions off the plugin exchange and in your plugin admin page.

Geoff Galitz September 29, 2011

I should have mentioned that I cannot seem to find anything relevant in the log files, and I have verified with the vendors of the plugins that they work this version of confluence. I'm not super knowledgeable about the confluence backend or java so if there is a specific log file check (catalina* or admin* or host-manager*) I'll take a pointer there, too.

Thanks.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events