Persistent sidebar navigation possible?

I know there is a breadcrumb nav to use, but I find it very frustrating that the page hierachy nav in the sidebar (bottom left) is not persistent on every page. Is there any way to display this?

I have seen there are a couple of page macros also available but these are not of much use in my opinion.

If you could always see the full navigation tree for the space and your current position it would be much quicker and intuitive to get around.

3 answers

1 accepted

We are planning to add the option to display the full page tree in the sidebar in ~Conf 5.3.
That's great - I hope that's out on OnDemand soon.

Something to add to this - it would be nice to be able to adjust how many levels of pages display. At the moment you get a link '5 more children' that displays when more than three sub pages exist - should allow at least 10 subs to show before hiding them like this.

I see the persistent nav is now live on Confluence for Ondemand! :)

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Community Anniversary

Happy Anniversary, Atlassian Community!

This community is celebrating its one-year anniversary and Atlassian co-founder Mike Cannon-Brookes has all the feels.

Read more
Community showcase
Kesha Thillainayagam
Posted Apr 13, 2018 in Confluence

We want to hear how your non-technical teams are using Confluence!

Hi Community! Kesha (kay-sha) from the Confluence marketing team here! Can you share stories with us on how your non-technical (think Marketing, Sales, HR, legal, etc.) teams are using Confluen...

356 views 20 10
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you