Pass parameters between pages

Want to do basically add programatic logic to pages, based on passing parameters.

Say page 1 has a link to page to like http://.....page2?custom_param=value

Page 2 I want to get that parameter, and display only parts of the page that I want (basically hacking the macros include page and include excerpt to be more powerful). Would involve getting the parameter, and being able to do conditional logic as well.

Anyone know how? Seems like there were some questions asked in the forum but no answers.

If not, is there a way to write a custom macro to do parameter retrieval, and conditional display logic?

2 answers

0 vote
Davin Studer Community Champion Jun 14, 2016

Since you are on Confluence Cloud there is not much you can do. With the server version you could do this easily with a user macro.

How would you do it as a macro? Do you have sample code? What about conditional logic, if x then display y?

Thx so much!!

Davin Studer Community Champion Jun 14, 2016

Are you indeed using confluence cloud? If so you cannot do what you are asking. If you have the server version it is possible, but the cloud version is locked down.

0 vote

Are you writing an Atlassian Connect add-on? If so can you be more explicit in what you are trying to do?

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Tuesday in Confluence

We want to see the templates you've created in Confluence!

Hi Community, Jessica here from the Confluence Product Marketing team!  July’s community challenge is all about sharing pictures  — and as an extension of our first post on what ...

455 views 18 9
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you