Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Page with no subpage is showing expandable.

Cameron Loperfido September 21, 2022

Hi team!

I have a space with a page that is showing as a parent but with no subpage, is this an error or is something hidden causing this?

image.png

Thank you!

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Cameron Loperfido March 1, 2023

For anyone watching, I figured out in my case that this happens because there is an unpublished child page under the parent.

Lars Morten Nygaard March 1, 2023

So far so good, but how do you get access to, and get rid of the invisible, empty child page :) 

Cameron Loperfido March 2, 2023

I'm not positive but if you are a space admin you may be able to see it in the manage pages setting.

Ole Severin Hustad June 5, 2023

Any update on how to find and delete the unpublished child page under the parent? This is indeed mildly annoying!

Currently working around this with the copy page functionality and then deleting the page with the ghost sub page.

Cameron Loperfido June 5, 2023

I would copy the parent page and delete the original in this case. This seems like such a minor issue; I doubt it's even on the dev team's radar.

Max Marusyk August 17, 2023

Figured how to fix this — you just need to move any other page under the page with an invisible child page and then move it back. The expand icon should go away after that. 

UPD: Doesn't work, the expand icon appears again after refreshing the page:(

Like # people like this
2 votes
Jeffrey Chu June 12, 2023

voting up for this issue, same problem remains

0 votes
Dave Theodore [Coyote Creek Consulting]
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 22, 2022

Page Restriction, and you don't have access maybe?

Cameron Loperfido September 23, 2022

I'm working with the page owner and it doesn't seem to be the case. Thanks anyway!

Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 23, 2022

@Cameron Loperfido I have seen this 'glitch' pop up in my instance over the past few days as well. I believe it's just a cosmetic issue as I know none of the pages that the expansion is appearing on have sub-pages. I planed on giving it a few days to work itself out before I open a service ticket on my instance.

Cameron Loperfido September 23, 2022

I'm going to have the space owner move the page data to a new page and delete the original. But I'm glad I am not the only one seeing this happen. This post has been up for two days and I feel answers usually pop up by then.

Thanks for the sanity check!

Lars Morten Nygaard November 4, 2022

I have the same issue, and it happened when I aborted the creation of a new sub-page, leaving it without a title. I also didn't publish.

Now I can't find the page anywhere, but the parent folder is still showing the expand button.

Very it's super annoying, so if there is any remedy, please advise :)

Like Monica Tran likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events