Page changes disappear when hit Publish

Jane Delaney March 11, 2021

When trying to edit a page, when I hit Publish, all of my changes just disappear. It still says that I edited the page but when I look at Page History there are no differences between the new and previous versions, all of my content just disappeared. This used to work just fine so I'm not sure what's changed. It's been going on for a couple for weeks now.

I can successfully publish changes from my mobile, which isn't much use but suggests it's not an issue with my Confluence account. Any suggestions greatly appreciated. 

1 answer

0 votes
Diego
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 16, 2021

Hello there @Jane Delaney !

The behavior you described is indeed unexpected. If the publish action is successful and you added content, it should show up in page history comparison.

Since you are still able to publish pages just fine in our mobile experience, may suggest ta few things? Here we go:

1. Try using a different browser
  2. Try disabling plugins installed in your browser
  3. Check if the issue is present when using another computer

Now, please allow me to ask a few questions for clarification:

1. Is this affecting any page that you try to edit?
  2. Is there any error thrown when you try to publish pages?
  3. What happens if another user tries to edit the same page as you?

Let us hear from you!

Jane Delaney March 16, 2021

Hi Diego,

Thanks for getting back to me. I have since discovered that I am able to publish my changes if I use Incognito Mode.

There was no error thrown when I tried to publish the pages, other users seem to be able to edit the page fine.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events