Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Page changes disappear when hit Publish

Edited

When trying to edit a page, when I hit Publish, all of my changes just disappear. It still says that I edited the page but when I look at Page History there are no differences between the new and previous versions, all of my content just disappeared. This used to work just fine so I'm not sure what's changed. It's been going on for a couple for weeks now.

I can successfully publish changes from my mobile, which isn't much use but suggests it's not an issue with my Confluence account. Any suggestions greatly appreciated. 

1 answer

0 votes
Diego Atlassian Team Mar 16, 2021

Hello there @Jane Delaney !

The behavior you described is indeed unexpected. If the publish action is successful and you added content, it should show up in page history comparison.

Since you are still able to publish pages just fine in our mobile experience, may suggest ta few things? Here we go:

1. Try using a different browser
  2. Try disabling plugins installed in your browser
  3. Check if the issue is present when using another computer

Now, please allow me to ask a few questions for clarification:

1. Is this affecting any page that you try to edit?
  2. Is there any error thrown when you try to publish pages?
  3. What happens if another user tries to edit the same page as you?

Let us hear from you!

Hi Diego,

Thanks for getting back to me. I have since discovered that I am able to publish my changes if I use Incognito Mode.

There was no error thrown when I tried to publish the pages, other users seem to be able to edit the page fine.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Confluence Cloud

🎨 Add some visual life to your templates

Hi Atlassian Community, My name is Avni Barman, and I am a Product Manager on the Confluence Cloud team. Based on feedback from you, we are giving admins more power to create templates that a...

265 views 5 9
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you