Page Settings Limit People Some people cannot be matched in the search

kang September 13, 2022

User management can search for this person, other people can search fo图片1.png图片3.jpg

2 answers

0 votes
Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 13, 2022

Hi @kang ,

welcome to the Atlassian community!

Sometimes it happened also for me. If the users come from AD, you can try to setup again the AD integration on the User Directory side and disable the current one.

Hope this helps,

Fabio

0 votes
Radek Dostál
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 13, 2022

The first requirement is that the person has view access to the Space, if that checks out, then just enter the username and press "Add" - it should add it, regardless of the suggestions.

Suggestions are unreliable in Confluence and the same question is asked quite often, best I can say is that a full re-index should push the indexes and the suggestions should start returning the user then.

Radek Dostál
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 13, 2022

Mhm I just realized that "Add" won't work without suggestions in page restrictions. So that would require DOM manipulation or http form post replication.

I've demoed this locally just to pass the time, but I don't recommend doing this since since it's kinda fiddly - the optimal approach would be to run a full Confluence re-index and then verifying if the user comes up in suggestions.

/rest/api/user?username=<username I want to add>

-- first getting the "userKey" value for the user

Then sending a POST like so:

curl 'https://<confluencebaseurl>/pages/setcontentpermissions.action' \
-u <myuser>:<mypassword> \
-H 'content-type: application/x-www-form-urlencoded; charset=UTF-8' \
-H 'X-Atlassian-Token: no-check' \
--data 'editPermissionsUserList=<userkey I want to add to edit permission>&contentId=<pageId I want to modify>'

This appears to append the user to the list.

For all intents and purposes, it's just a demo I tried if I could bypass suggestions locally, I still think you should do a re-index to confirm if it gets resolved.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events