Page Restrictions to Edit for one page

Alex Basinskikh March 8, 2016

Hi,

can you help me with page editing permisiions.

I need to add permissions to User_A, who can View and Edit only One page on my Personal Space.

i did this:

Personal Space Permissions

Individual Users

add User_A  - View All

Create New Page on my Space, Save this

Add page restrtrictions

Page restrictions

add User_A - Can view and Edit

Page for User_A now avalible to view, but when i try to edit with User_A i have message:

Oops! You can't update this task because you are not allowed to edit the page it appears on.

Parent Page no resctrictions!!!

What i did wrong???

Bud when I go to the Space tools -> Permissions -> Restricted Pages

I see, that the User_A contains in the Edit and View. When i ckick to LOCK icon i have see in the Page Permissions block that User_A have Only can view permission this page smile

1 answer

1 vote
Daniel Marczisovszky [META-INF] March 9, 2016

Dear Alex,

User_A can be restricted to Edit if he/she already has space level "Add page" permission. (this why it is called restriction: it restricts an existing space level permission). Creating and editing pages are both governed by "Add page" permission. You should know that Edit restriction is not inherited, so if you want User_A to be able only one page, then you should Edit restrict other pages to yourself.
Anyway I don't recommend this approach, I suggest to put this page in a separate space.

Alex Basinskikh March 9, 2016

Hi, I dont wont that User_A can add pages to my Space.

Alex Basinskikh March 9, 2016

Create without View and Editing Imposibble

Editing without View Imposibble, but without Creating possible! smile no?

Daniel Marczisovszky [META-INF] March 9, 2016

Unfortunately, in Confluence both create and edit are managed via a single permission, and it is called Add page.

Editing without Add page (creating) is not possible.

I recommend this page:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/conf52/page-restrictions-401441870.html?continue=https%3A%2F%2Fconfluence.atlassian.com%2Fconf52%2Fpage-restrictions-401441870.html&application=cac

Bill Taroli
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
February 2, 2017

This an old question, but I'm just recently bumping into this issue. In our case, we have a large-ish space and found that we wanted to collaborate with a different team on a subset of pages... and in one case a specific page. So unfortunately, this ISN'T as simple as adding an edit restriction, since these users otherwise only have view permission at the space level.

In looking at the latest docs' page restriction info, I did not see a section that appeared in the older release text linked here originally. That was about "exposing part of a space." This was interesting, but it probably should have clarified this approach only works for VIEW permission, not editing.

So this leaves me wondering whether there are any other workarounds or alternate approaches other than being forced to (a) open up the whole space or (b) making separate spaces for single pages to enable limited collaboration like this – which, to be honest, seems preposterous.

Have any ER been placed around this topic? If not, I may be adding one soon!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events