PDF Export Customization

Frank October 3, 2018

Hi

This is my requirement. I need to customize pdf export. 

1. Header - must contain info relevant to the page (e.g. user assigned properties such as title, rev, spec.no., and also release date
  2. 1st page to have title and table of contents
  3. Footer containing the disclaimer info.Capture.PNG

1 answer

1 vote
Nils Bier _K15t_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 4, 2018

Hi Frank,

You could have a look at our Scroll PDF Exporter for Confluence.

This allows you to customize the look and feel of your PDF exports easily, using a graphical template designer (i.e. no CSS / HTML skills needed).

All your three requirements can easily be achieved:

1. Dynamic information taken from the exported page: Scroll PDF Exporter supports a whole bunch of placeholders, allowing you to refer to specific page information. In addition to that you can also use page properties and refer to those in your PDF template.
  2. Static pages with table of contents: You can simply define a title page, and can either have the TOC on the same page, or on a separate page following the title page.
  3. Footer containing specific information: Similar to static pages you can define headers and footers in the template designer to display specific information on each exported page. Of course you can also use the already mentioned placeholders here, if you want to refer to specific information from Confluence. Further information how to set this up can also be found in our docs: Customize Document Sections.

Hope this helps. We offer free evaluation licenses via the Atlassian Marketplace, so please feel free to give Scroll PDF Exporter a try :-)

If you have any additional questions, or want to schedule a web session to discuss your use case more in detail, please feel free to reach out to us via support@k15t.com.

Best,
Nils

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events