Overview Page vs Page

Jason Stewart August 16, 2019

When I created a file list page, it created another 'overview page' that has a different editor.  How do I create a page with that same editor?

I'm trying to add an image to a page then add a link, but when I do doesn't allow me.  It only gives me the option to remove it.  On the other hand, when I add an image to the 'overview page' i just referenced, it allows me to create a 'link' no problem.

Drop down from 'Overview

image1.png

Dropdown from 'Page'

image2.png

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Cody Stevens
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 16, 2019

Hey @Jason Stewart

The confluence editor is being replaced with the one from the second screenshot. When you make a page in confluence, instead of selecting the new editing experience template use one of the other older ones or the blank page. That will use the editor from the first screenshot.

Here is the link to the announcement about the new editing experience.

Hope that helps!

image.png

Unfortunately, I don't have the ability to change.
All of mine show [NEW] without the option for the old template :(

Cody Stevens
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 16, 2019

Interesting. Well I’m sure you can make a copy of the page it automatically created and just use that so you can have the old editor. 

I’ll look into this a little more too to see if I can find anything. 

Like Cody Stevens likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events