Options for blogs

Tech Support
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
August 12, 2013

Hi,

We're currently using a blog on our dashboard to keep our users informed. We're also using it as a social networking platform/forum where people can discuss things. The blog macro works quite well, but there are a few things that would make it better for our demands:

• Only blog posts are displayed. It would be great to have comments displayed as well, without having to click the actual blog post (and therefore leaving the dashboard)
  • Sorting blog posts not by creation date, but by date of last activity (in other words: when someone comments on a blog post, this blog post is sorted on top again)

Do you know if there's any way to do this in OnDemand? I think it might be possible with a user macro, but they're not supported in OnDemand. Would there be any way in the Download version to do this? (we're still toying with the idea of switching to Download)

Thanks, Chris

2 answers

1 vote
Tech Support
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
August 15, 2013

We created a new custom dashboard, and added (amont other things) a blog post macro to it. It's set to "Content Type to display = entire" which displays the entire blog posts, but not the comments.

Daniel Borcherding
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 15, 2013

Full spec for blogpost macro.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Blog+Posts+Macro

Looks like Content Type "Entire" is not documented.

0 votes
red sonja August 15, 2013

how do you use blogs on the dashboard?

Daniel Borcherding
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 15, 2013

I would bet that they are editing their dashboard and including a blog post macro. Check my link to for "full" spec on the macro.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events