Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Old users showing up under 'People Directory' in Confluence

Shreena Patel October 27, 2013

Hi there,

I have old users in our system that are employees who no longer work with us. I have deactivated them and they do not belong to any group(s) anymore. However they still show up under 'People Directory'. I am guessing this is because they created Confluence pages / JIRA issues. How can I stop them from showing up here? If I delete them as users, will I lose their content they contributed to the pages they worked on? What is the best way to go about this?

Your support would be much appreciated.

Cheers,

Shreena

1 answer

0 votes
Davin Studer
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 27, 2013

Short of removing them from Confluence I don't think there is a way to remove a user from the people directory. I would love to have the ability to remove certain people from the people directory as we have bots that can log into Confluence that show up as "people" and there is no way to keep them from showing up. Hopefully they will fix this some time. There is a JIRA issue for this that you can vote on.

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONF-27622

Shreena Patel November 4, 2013

Ok, thanks. Is there a way to change their name on the Confluence pages they contributed to, for example to my username, so I can delete them from my system and not lose previous work they did?

Shreena Patel November 17, 2013

Is it possible to do a bulk change and change the authors of confluence pages (usernames of the staff that are no longer working with us to an existing staff member) so I don't lose their previous work and then I can delete them from the system?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events