Office Excel macro bug

Matthew Warren January 31, 2018

I have a situation where I'm attempting to use 'Office Excel' Macro on a page I have uploaded an .xlxs file to.

In the 'Office Excel' Macro, the uploaded file does not appear in the 'File Name' dropdown.

I have attempted to re-upload the file to the page to no avail.

Then I created a new page and repeated the process and it worked.

What might be causing this issue? What might I be overlooking?

Thank you

4 answers

1 vote
JefteBarboza May 21, 2019

Resolved!

Do not use characters in the page name in confluence, this will bug the macro, making the attached file on the page not appear in the combo.

Att

Jefte Barboza

1 vote
Thomas B
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 21, 2019

Hi @Matthew Warren  and @JefteBarboza  - I know there is an issue when you upload a document to a page and then attempt to use the macro, it won't recognize the file. 

1. Create page
  2. Add attachment
  3. Save page
  4. Edit page again
  5. Now the macro will work

Seems to be a bug with Confluence not recognizing new attachments in real time. 

Thanks

Hi, Thomas 
I follow the steps but it still does not work. Version of office is 2016.

Thomas B
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 21, 2019

Is it possible that the attachment is on a different page than what is specified in the Page Name section of the macro?

Resolved!

Do not use characters in the page name in confluence, this will bug the macro, making the attached file on the page not appear in the combo.

Att

Jefte Barboza

Like Thomas B likes this
0 votes

I have a situation where I'm attempting to use 'Office Excel' Macro on a page I have uploaded an .xlsx file to. In the 'Office Excel' Macro, the uploaded file does not appear in the 'File Name' dropdown. I have attempted to re-upload the file to the page to no avail.

Obs.: Excel 2016

Hi, Thomas 
I follow the steps but it still does not work.

0 votes
Thomas B
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 31, 2018

Hey Matthew.

Before we dig any further, I just want to confirm your excel file extension was a typo. I don't think any excel document can be .xlxs but it should be .xlsx...

Thanks

Matthew Warren January 31, 2018

Correct Thomas,

That is indeed a typo, I meant to type xlsx

Matthew

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events