O Auth for application links - How to turn it on?

Alexander Schirmer June 21, 2017

Hi all, 

I am trying to get our Jira and our Confluence to talk to each other.
Initally I just tried entering the URL of our Confluence as an application link in Jira, but after being prompted for O Auth-Details, That kind of sent me down a different road an now here I am, trying to get this to work...
Now I did some research and found serveral articles on how to enable O Auth in Jira. They do however all refer to an option in the adminitration menu that I can not find. There is no "O Auth" link in my admin panel. (Neither in Jira nor in Confluence)
Am I in the wrong place? Maybe someon can point me in the right direction to set this connection up.

Let me give you a bit of info in the environment:
Jira and Confluence are running on the same server. They are accesssible trough different URLs. Also I have moved both products to SSL.
Both systems are up to date and I am in the admin-role.
We are using Windows AD for user management and the user base is the same for both systems.

Any input is highly appreciated!

Thanks in advance and take care,

Alex

1 answer

0 votes
Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 21, 2017

Hi Alex,

have you found this already: 

https://confluence.atlassian.com/conf51/configuring-oauth-authentication-for-an-application-link-336169538.html

You have to configure oauth when you add an application link.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events