Note duplicate page titles

Bob Do September 5, 2018

Is it possible to get an indication when creating a page if there is already a page with the same page title in another space?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 5, 2018

Hi Bob,

Since Confluence doesn't allow you to create two pages with the same name (even across spaces), then it will give you an error should you try. It will say that there's already a page with that name.

There was a feature request to allow duplicate page names, but we will not be implementing it.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Regards,

Shannon

Davin Studer
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 5, 2018

That's totally correct. You can have two pages with the same name in different spaces. The unique page name rule is only limited to pages within the same space.

Bob Do September 5, 2018

I know that. I would like a hint if there are already sites in other spaces with the same name.

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 6, 2018

You're absolutely right, @Davin Studer, my apologies. I had thought the last time I tried this it wouldn't allow it, but I was wrong.

I've created a feature request for this below:

I have made a note that it should be an optional setting, because I can foresee many users finding this to be an unwanted feature.

If you could do me a favor and please comment on that case why this would be useful for you and vote on it, it will help to get it seen by our development team for consideration.

Regards,

Shannon

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events