Not able to view the upload document preview in page

ramesh kumar September 12, 2022

Hi Team,
Asa part of my work I have to upload csv files, text files and some times images. I am able to upload to the page but I got 2 issues now

1. I want to add the images to one section of the page and csv into another section of the page but I am failing it to tag attachments to intended section. Can you please help me to insert attachments into desired section of the page

2. I am able to push attachments to the page but not able to view their preview in page. what should I do to get a preview of attachments

Any help is much appriciated

Thanks in advance 

1 answer

0 votes
Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 13, 2022

Hi @ramesh kumar 

Can you please post a screenshot?

ramesh kumar September 13, 2022

Screenshot 2022-09-13 at 13.47.19.pngScreenshot 2022-09-13 at 13.47.58.png

Hi @Alex Koxaras _Relational_,

Above screenshots are one with attachments and other one where it is failing to load preview. Could you please help me if I can get any suggestion to tweak any properties to get this done? Any help much appreciated

Thanks,

Ramesh Kumar Tirumareddy

Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 13, 2022

If you remove it and upload it again, it has the same behavior? If yes, the file could be corrupted.

Yes it behaves same even after reattaching it. Is it corrupted because of the way I uploaded? I can view that file by going into attachments section and hit on view button.

Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 13, 2022

@ramesh kumar have you tried dragging and dropping the attachment into the page? I see you are using the Rest API for these attachments. If you manually upload, does the same behavior continue?

Manually I did not tried but let me give a try and let you know

Yeah If I manually do an upload,  I can view the attachment without any problem. But I want it to be a part of script so I want to upload that using curl in REST API 

Can you please help me to achieve this?

Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 13, 2022

@ramesh kumar I am not too familiar with the REST API. However, here is link to the documentation where it applies to attachments. I believe your API call may need to be tweaked so the attachment comes through properly to allow the preview to work.

https://developer.atlassian.com/cloud/confluence/rest/api-group-content---attachments/#api-wiki-rest-api-content-id-child-attachment-get

Dalia El-Dib November 16, 2022

Hi @ramesh kumar,  did you resolve your issue? I am facing the exact same issue here, curious to know if you identified the issue?
Thanks!

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events