Not able to add users into Space Permission and Calendar event

Sushmitha August 16, 2022

Hi, 

I am trying grant confluence space permission to a confluence-user, when I search username it shows "No matches found" error. Not able to add that user in calendar also, throws "No user found" error but user account is available in confluence.

Can anyone help me to resolve this issue ?

2 answers

0 votes
Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 16, 2022

Is there probably anything in logs visible which explains the failure to come up with a match more in detail?
Like Radek said the typing along without using suggestions worked for us in the past but I do not see a pattern yet where this affects the instance and when not.

Sushmitha August 17, 2022

Hi @Daniel Ebers , 

Ignoring the lack of suggestions and just pressing "Add" worked for Space permission. User is able to access the wiki space, but is not able to make any updates to the calendar. If I try to do same with space calendar it throws below error.wiki-_user.PNG

0 votes
Radek Dostál
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 16, 2022

Have you tried ignoring the lack of suggestions and just pressing "Add"? It might likely work.

Also I'd try entering the email address of the user - Confluence user suggestions are somewhat imperfect.

Otherwise if you're sure the user is valid, licensed, can use Confluence, then the lack of user suggestions either means a stale cache (for some reason the user was changed, created, etc., but not put into cache yet, or the cache hasn't been built yet), or lack of indexes. I'm not sure if user suggestions are index or cache-based though. Either way if this is just happening with the user and isn't happening to everyone, I wouldn't worry about it too much as both caches and indexes will eventually get in sync.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events