Not able to add tasks in Confluence

Anurag Jain October 20, 2015

Reading the documentation, the "add task" option is supposed to show up in "workbox".

When I click the "WorkBox" icon on the screen, it shows notifications but not the tasks.

I am using an onsite deployment of Confluence. Am I supposed to load some other software for tasks to work.

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 20, 2015

You add them inline on pages now, they do not live outside of pages. The idea was to keep it just like page content, instead of the old (siloed) macro and the initial Workbox implementation. They function similar to a Ordered List or Unordered List within a page. You "assign" the task by @mentioning someone in the task, and you set a due date by adding a date-thingy with the // shortcut.

The interface is much better, since you can include reports on pages with the Task Report Macro. You can read more about this via the Add, Assign, and View Tasks page.

• For instance, I will provide screenshots with the typical interface – 
  • This let's you create tasks like so – 
  • You can view personal tasks in your profile – 

Thanks for your help. It did work for me.

Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 20, 2015

You are VERY welcome. I'm glad everything is well. Please let me know if I can help further :)

roman November 26, 2015

Is there a way to get them back to the workbox? Going into profile-> tasks is always two steps further away!

0 votes

Understood.

Unfortunately, thats the only mention I could find for how to add tasks in Confluence. 

There is no option anywhere in my installation for adding Tasks anyway.

0 votes
Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 20, 2015

You're looking at old documentation. Make sure the version of documentation you're looking at matches the software. Tasks are not accessible through the Workbox anymore, notifications are really the only purveyor of the workbox.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events