Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sign up Log in

Earn badges and make progress

You're on your way to the next level! Join the Kudos program to earn points and save your progress.

Deleted user Avatar
Deleted user

Level 1: Seed

25 / 150 points

Next: Root


1 badge earned


Participate in fun challenges

Challenges come and go, but your rewards stay with you. Do more to earn more!


Gift kudos to your peers

What goes around comes around! Share the love by gifting kudos to your peers.


Rise up in the ranks

Keep earning points to reach the top of the leaderboard. It resets every quarter so you always have a chance!


Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members
Community Events
Community Groups

No visible characters copied in firefox

Hans M I'm New Here Jan 05, 2023


I´m using Firefox version 108.0.1. I assume that if you copy text out of confluence using firefox, you might copy some invisible characters as well.

What happened:

I copied some text out of confluence, pasted the text in my IDE and ran it with an error as a result. After searching for the mistake without success, i typed the code by hand and it was running without error.

I copied the text-code with the edge-browser out of confluence and it was working fine.

Is this issue only with my Firefox version? Or should i use edge instead?


Best regards


1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted

Hi @Hans M and welcome to the community,

What kind of text did you copy? Was it on a code snippet? Did you copy the same exact text from Edge? I didn't experience any problem with Firefox. If you can explain a bit more, maybe we will be able to reproduce the problem and guide you through it.

Hans M I'm New Here Jan 11, 2023

Hello Alex,


thanks for your answer. I did a deeper look to this problem.

I copied the code out of a codeblock. With the result as explained.

I copied the code out of a codeblock from the confluence edit mode and it was working fine.

I pasted both "versions" into an editor and switched the view to hexadecimal. With the result that somehow a hexadecimal-character "A0" appears.


I woudnt look deeper into it.

But it might be helpful for other persons facing the same problem.


Best regards

Suggest an answer

Log in or Sign up to answer

Atlassian Community Events