Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No visible characters copied in firefox

Hans M January 5, 2023

Hey,

I´m using Firefox version 108.0.1. I assume that if you copy text out of confluence using firefox, you might copy some invisible characters as well.

What happened:

I copied some text out of confluence, pasted the text in my IDE and ran it with an error as a result. After searching for the mistake without success, i typed the code by hand and it was running without error.

I copied the text-code with the edge-browser out of confluence and it was working fine.

Is this issue only with my Firefox version? Or should i use edge instead?

Best regards

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 9, 2023

Hi @Hans M and welcome to the community,

What kind of text did you copy? Was it on a code snippet? Did you copy the same exact text from Edge? I didn't experience any problem with Firefox. If you can explain a bit more, maybe we will be able to reproduce the problem and guide you through it.

Hans M January 11, 2023

Hello Alex,

thanks for your answer. I did a deeper look to this problem.

I copied the code out of a codeblock. With the result as explained.

I copied the code out of a codeblock from the confluence edit mode and it was working fine.

I pasted both "versions" into an editor and switched the view to hexadecimal. With the result that somehow a hexadecimal-character "A0" appears.

I woudnt look deeper into it.

But it might be helpful for other persons facing the same problem.

Best regards

Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 11, 2023

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events