Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

No Space left on installation drive

Hi, from last couple of days we unable to perform task in Confluence, we have notices that the database consumed almost all the space left on application installed drive, request team to support to migrate database from C Drive to D drive.

Under : C:\Program Files\Atlassian\Application Data\Confluence\database\

file name called h2db.trace size increases gradually, the file size itself 112 GB, we unable to understand the issue. 

1 answer

0 votes
Charlie Misonne Community Leader Jun 13, 2021

The h2db.trace.db file is a log file. Any chance you enabled database logging?

You can check this in the <install-directory>\confluence\WEB-INF\classes\log4j.properties file. Enabling Detailed SQL Logging.

Please be aware that the H2 database is only meant for testing purposes. If you're using Confluence for production you should migrate to a regular database like PostgreSQL, Oracle, MySQL or SQL Server. See Migrating to Another Database.

Hi, thanks for the reply.

You mean to say that I can go head & delete h2db.trace file, if so than what could be the impact on Confluence, if this file related to logs than database should not be effected. 

Charlie Misonne Community Leader Jun 14, 2021

I've never tried deleting that file myself so I can't tell you whether you can just remove it.

If you want to be sure: rename it to something else, start Confluence and check whether your data is still there.

Like IT Support likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Confluence

🏑 Atlympic Event: Confluence

Hello Community!  Quick disclaimer: We are running a contest on Community (The Atlympics!) from July 23rd - August 8th of 2021. If you are interested in participating in this contest (prizes! ...

189 views 6 8
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you