No Space left on installation drive

IT Support June 13, 2021

Hi, from last couple of days we unable to perform task in Confluence, we have notices that the database consumed almost all the space left on application installed drive, request team to support to migrate database from C Drive to D drive.

Under : C:\Program Files\Atlassian\Application Data\Confluence\database\

file name called h2db.trace size increases gradually, the file size itself 112 GB, we unable to understand the issue. 

1 answer

0 votes
Charlie Misonne
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 13, 2021

The h2db.trace.db file is a log file. Any chance you enabled database logging?

You can check this in the <install-directory>\confluence\WEB-INF\classes\log4j.properties file. Enabling Detailed SQL Logging.

Please be aware that the H2 database is only meant for testing purposes. If you're using Confluence for production you should migrate to a regular database like PostgreSQL, Oracle, MySQL or SQL Server. See Migrating to Another Database.

IT Support June 14, 2021

Hi, thanks for the reply.

You mean to say that I can go head & delete h2db.trace file, if so than what could be the impact on Confluence, if this file related to logs than database should not be effected. 

Charlie Misonne
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 14, 2021

I've never tried deleting that file myself so I can't tell you whether you can just remove it.

If you want to be sure: rename it to something else, start Confluence and check whether your data is still there.

Like IT Support likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events