No Restriction for a Space

Anthony Biscaris January 30, 2019

Hi all,

I am receiving the following error message: "There was an error submitting the page restrictions. Please try again later."

Does anyone know how to modify space restrictions to "no restrictions".

Thanks

1 answer

0 votes
Diego
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 4, 2019

Hello there Anthony, thanks for sharing with the Community!

Could you clarify if you need to set Space Permissions or if you need to change Page Restrictions?

Here some pages about Restrictions and Permissions:

Permissions and Restrictions - Confluence Server

Permissions and Restrictions - Confluence Cloud

However, if you are unable to change Page restrictions, I have seen similar issues and it was resolved by following this:

1. Go to the affected page
  2. Click the Three dots (...) menu in the top right
  3. Select to Copy the page
  4. Copy the page somewhere
  5. Check that you can now change the restrictions on the copied page

Let us know your thoughts on this!

Anthony Biscaris February 5, 2019

Hi Diego,

I need to set Space Permissions, in particular "Editing Restricted" - 'Everyone can View, only some can Edit'.

Regards,

Anthony

Diego
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 6, 2019

Hello there Anthony!

Taking in consideration the phrasing shown in your question and now (Editing Restricted" - 'Everyone can View, only some can Edit) I believe we are dealing with Page Restrictions, not Space Permissions. With this in mind, there is a possibility that you are being affected by these:

For Confluence Cloud - CONFCLOUD-53364 | Unable to remove/add Page Restrictions to a Confluence page

For Confluence Server - CONFSERVER-43340 | Unable to set page restrictions due to large number of user keys in http header

Further, I would like to understand if you were able to try out the steps suggested earlier. Let us know!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events