Hey gang: up front, I have read all of the prior posts and linked articles regarding the GCOL / OOM error I am seeing in Confluence running under Win7. I have read that a likely course of action may involve increasing the memory allocation to JVM and possibly to the tomcat6w.exe. Here is my unique predicament: I am a Mac / UI design guy who failed to duck when this problem occurred during a time the normal PC/Win techs are all off-site. (Never mind the bad planning that went into THAT decision.) But as a graphics guy, several lines in the KnowledgeBase entries and prior replies are just beyond my grasp. But much like Scotty, I'm being told that disaster will occur if I can't get the warp drive back online...
It would mean a lot if somebody could point me to a plain-english walkthrough of how to edit the memory parameters for my JVM (which I read should be done in small 512 increments as "too much" can be as bad as "too little.") The server is a beefy machine, some 32GB of actual RAM, if that impacts the equation at all. I see that the Java Melody Plugin is recommended for Garbage Collection Tuning but I am hopeful that is something I can defer to the pros later on - if a memory adjustment gets this back online for now, I'll call it a win.
Sorry to ask a previously-posted question, and thanks in advance for any help.
Hey Michael, how are you doing?
So, as you said you have already tried some steps and have also read lots of documentation… However, may I ask if you had the chance to check this documentation ?
Please, let me ask you a few questions to better understand the situation:
However, if you not sure about what more you can do about this tuning, I strongly suggest you to open a ticket with Atlassian Support about it.
However, if you are not sure about what else you can do to tune your Tomcat, I’d strongly suggest you to contact the Atlassian Experts.
All the best,
1) I did not see the documentation in your link above, and clicking your first link produced this "Page level restrictions apply to this page. These restrictions limit access to specific users or groups."
2) as to my symptoms, attempting to access the Confluence site results in an extended lag in which the browser status bar states "Waiting for response from (IP address)" - it will sometimes load the page after 10-30 seconds of delay, or just time out.
3) No we are not using HTTPS
4) The server has nothing else running on it. It literally just has a browser outside of Confluence.
5) As to the server being virtualized, I'm not sure how to answer that. It is loaded on the server (ie no cloud components) and running under Win 7.
I can see your last two links and will read those carefully. Thanks for your help!
This community is celebrating its one-year anniversary and Atlassian co-founder Mike Cannon-Brookes has all the feels.Read more
Hi Community! Kesha (kay-sha) from the Confluence marketing team here! Can you share stories with us on how your non-technical (think Marketing, Sales, HR, legal, etc.) teams are using Confluen...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find a group
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.Start an AUG
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs