Hey gang: up front, I have read all of the prior posts and linked articles regarding the GCOL / OOM error I am seeing in Confluence running under Win7. I have read that a likely course of action may involve increasing the memory allocation to JVM and possibly to the tomcat6w.exe. Here is my unique predicament: I am a Mac / UI design guy who failed to duck when this problem occurred during a time the normal PC/Win techs are all off-site. (Never mind the bad planning that went into THAT decision.) But as a graphics guy, several lines in the KnowledgeBase entries and prior replies are just beyond my grasp. But much like Scotty, I'm being told that disaster will occur if I can't get the warp drive back online...
It would mean a lot if somebody could point me to a plain-english walkthrough of how to edit the memory parameters for my JVM (which I read should be done in small 512 increments as "too much" can be as bad as "too little.") The server is a beefy machine, some 32GB of actual RAM, if that impacts the equation at all. I see that the Java Melody Plugin is recommended for Garbage Collection Tuning but I am hopeful that is something I can defer to the pros later on - if a memory adjustment gets this back online for now, I'll call it a win.
Sorry to ask a previously-posted question, and thanks in advance for any help.
I'm glad that I could help you Michael
If you don't mind, I would like to ask you to mark this answer as "accepted answer”, since it could help other people facing the same issue.
Hey Michael, how are you doing?
So, as you said you have already tried some steps and have also read lots of documentation… However, may I ask if you had the chance to check this documentation ?
Please, let me ask you a few questions to better understand the situation:
However, if you not sure about what more you can do about this tuning, I strongly suggest you to open a ticket with Atlassian Support about it.
However, if you are not sure about what else you can do to tune your Tomcat, I’d strongly suggest you to contact the Atlassian Experts.
All the best,
1) I did not see the documentation in your link above, and clicking your first link produced this "Page level restrictions apply to this page. These restrictions limit access to specific users or groups."
2) as to my symptoms, attempting to access the Confluence site results in an extended lag in which the browser status bar states "Waiting for response from (IP address)" - it will sometimes load the page after 10-30 seconds of delay, or just time out.
3) No we are not using HTTPS
4) The server has nothing else running on it. It literally just has a browser outside of Confluence.
5) As to the server being virtualized, I'm not sure how to answer that. It is loaded on the server (ie no cloud components) and running under Win 7.
I can see your last two links and will read those carefully. Thanks for your help!
Two vulnerabilities have been published for Confluence Server and Data Center recently: March 20, 2019 CVE-2019-3395 / CVE-2019-3396 April 17, 2019 CVE-2019-3398 The goal of this article is...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find an event
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.Host an event
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events