New Jira View - Connect to a Confluence Space - API

Michael Banschbach May 29, 2018

Just to be clear, I only see this UI option in the NEW Jira view!

We have a large amount of Jira Projects and Confluence Spaces that need to be connected. In the New Jira view, I see the ability to easily connect a Space to a Jira project. (screenshot below)

I want to make this connection in an API when since we use the Jira Cloud API's to create said Jira Projects and Confluence Spaces. When doing this, it would be great to already setup the connection between the two automatically since the view with the new "Pages" screen on the Jira project view is awesome!

Reviewing the documentation around Jira and Confluence Cloud, I do not see this API. Is it because it is still new? Do you know when I can plan to use it if so?

I thought it was maybe creating an Application Link, but that doesn't seem to be the case since I don't see one being created when making this connection between the Project and Space.

ConnectToAConfluenceSpace.png

1 answer

0 votes
Moses Thomas
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 29, 2018

@Michael BanschbachYou  need  to  configure applications link first, and when  you  want to  access data in  JIRA/Confluence you access  it via plugin and you need to  approve  with  your user account  vice  versa.

Best!

Michael Banschbach May 29, 2018

@Moses Thomas

Hey Moses! Thanks for your reply!

If that is the case, then why when I create the connection to a Confluence space using the above screenshot in the new Jira view, that I do not see an Application Link created?

Vice-versa, when I create an Application Link between Project/Space, using the new Jira view, I do not see that Space in the "Pages" menu in Jira.

Our Jira Cloud and Confluence Cloud are already linked together. The problem is we have many Projects, with a Confluence space per project.

I want to be able to leverage the NEW Jira Pages functionality, but simply adding Application Links does not enable it. I only can get it to work by connecting a Confluence Space manually using the screenshot above. I need to make that same connection via an API.

That is not an Application Link!

Moses Thomas
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 29, 2018

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events