Need the precise detailed steps to setup JSD Server with Confluence Server

Michael Woffenden
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 21, 2018

I have read the documentation over and over and tried this install a couple of times, but always got into trouble when delegating user management to Jira.

Please don't answer with "read the documentation".  I've done that and some things are not clear.

Hoping someone can provide the exact steps, in the exact order needed, to get this running on the same Windows server.

What we need, simply, is:

• Jira Service Desk running at support.ourdomain.com
  • Confluence running at kb.ourdomain.com
  • Jira and Confluence integrated together (the way they are in JSD Cloud)
  • Confluence user management delegated to Jira

Again, we need the precise steps to do this from start to finish.

Thanks!

We'll also entertain hiring someone to get this done for us.  If you are that person/company with the experience to get this done for us, let me know.

--

UPDATE -- Still looking for a complete answer to my question.

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 21, 2018

1.  You do not need to, but you probably want to.  If you can route support.ourdomain.com to Jira, and you have altered the Jira install so that it runs on port 80 instead of the default, then you do not need to proxy it.  Similarly for kb.ourdomain.com.

But a proxy is usually a lot easier than reconfiguring all your DNS and Tomcats

2.  The base url for each system should be the url that your users will be using it on.  (Never "localhost", because that means "my computer").  So support.ourdomain.com and kb.ourdomain.com

The fact you've got this far means you've got through almost all the right setup, so I'm not sure you really need someone to do this (although having an Atlassian admin might be a good idea in the long run)

Michael Woffenden
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 21, 2018

Thanks Nic. 

I probably need, to be honest, an expert to look over my shoulder while I do it.  I'm still confused as to the precise order of things to be done.

Is that what you mean by Atlassian admin?  Do you mean someone from Atlassian, or an Atlassian expert on-call?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 22, 2018

Atlassian don't do support at that level, but their solution partners will be happy to help - most of us do services that range from "install and configure it all for you" through to just being there when you're doing stuff so we can help or advise if you need it.

I was actually meaning that you probably want to have your own person who does admin on the Atlassian stuff part or full time.  If that's going to be you, that's fine, but I'd recommend giving yourself a bit of time to learn this stuff, or, if you don't have the time to do that, yes, borrow an expert for a couple of days and then learn from them, and by the experience of supporting it for your users.

Michael Woffenden
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 22, 2018

Thanks for the additional details - I'll look for a solution partner on their partner search.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events