Need atlassian-bundled-plugins.zip for confluence 3.5.x version. I need jar file for recent updates.

sonal aggarwal December 28, 2012

Could you please provide me atlassian-bundled-plugins.zip. I need jar files for recent updates. I have to display the recent updates of confluence in my application. I tried various jar files but I could not find the relevant files containing the macros which will provide me the recent updates so that I can add them in my application. I downloaded following jar files:

confluence-dashboard-macros-4.2.6-m1

confluence-dashboard-macros-3.5.5

confluence-dashboard-macros-3.4.4

confluence-dashboard-macros-1.13.1

But I didnt find them of my use. Please provide me atlassian-bundled-plugins.zip for confluence 3.5.x version so that I can take the relevant jar to display the recent updates in my application.

Please open the below link:

http://63-246-22-42.contegix.com/atlassian-confluence/latest/com/atlassian/confluence/plugins/macros/dashboard/recentupdates/package-frame.html

I need all the files mentioned in this link i.e.

com.atlassian.confluence.plugins.macros.dashboard.recentupdates

Classes
RecentlyUpdatedContentMacro
RecentlyUpdatedContentService
RecentlyUpdatedMacroParams
RecentlyUpdatedMacroRequestParams
RecentlyUpdatedMacroTabProvider
RecentUpdate
RecentUpdateGroup

6 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
sonal aggarwal January 8, 2013

I have written a web method to get the recent feeds.

Thanks

Sonal

Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 8, 2013

Finally. And how did you do it?

sonal aggarwal January 8, 2013

On the Confluence Dashboard, there is an option named "Feed Builder"...There we can provide the options like type of content, spaces, sorted by etc. ...After providing these options, I clicked on create RSS Feed...It provides an URL providing all the recent feeds according to the specified options...This URL is used by us to read the data stream from it. And then we converted this data stream into a string and then a document object and retrieved the desired recent data from that .

Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 8, 2013

Ah perfect. Nice one. Completely missed this option. Good Sonal.

0 votes
sonal aggarwal January 2, 2013

I have taken the latest jar files but somehow the logic by which recent updates are coming is still not known...

0 votes
Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 2, 2013

Sonal, are you listening to what we are saying? You need to download the source code of confluence to do it. I am still not able to figure out why you are talking about taking the class files from the jar files.

Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 2, 2013

Is it really needed for you to take class files and decompile them? Can't you use the source code? Anyway, if it is not working, can you explain what is the code that you are writing (paste the code) and what is the error you are getting.

Are you a writing a new plugin within confluence? I guess so, otherwise the code from Confluence is of no use.

Yes I am listening...thats why I mentioned that I have taken the jar files. I mentioned earlier as well that I need logic by which recent updates are coming on the confluence so that I can write my own method. By taking the class files, I decompiled them and tried to get the logic. But somehow it didnt help.

No I m not writing a new plugin ..I am writing a new web method to display the recent updates...I am using the existing methods of confluence web service (https://portal.globallogic.com/confluence/rpc/soap-axis/confluenceservice-v1?wsdl) for this.

I take the various parameters like login token, space key, content type , modified etc. and then pass it to search method of this web service. But I am not getting the recent updates by this. I passed various search queries like :

(1){recently-updated:spaces=YOUR SPACE NAME|types=page,comment|width=100%}

(2){recently-updated:spaceKeys=INTR|contentTypes=page,blogpost,comment|width=100%|lastModified=emily.younger|contributor=sonal.aggarwal}

But I didnot get the results

Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 2, 2013

Sonal

As I can understand you are trying to use the SOAP methods of Confluence. It can only give the results that it is designed for (or coded for). if there are no existing SOAP interfaces of Confluence that gives this data, then you need to write a new SOAP method to give recent results,you have to do the following:

• You need to write a plugin
  • Add a new soap method that contains the code that is similar to what code is contained in the recently-udpated macro
  • Then use that in your web method (what ever it means).

Btw, REST is recommended.

This is my understanding. Community can comment.

And on a side note, please post comments as 'comments' not as 'answers'

0 votes
Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 28, 2012

Guess you are going slightly on the wrong path. If there are no exposed SOAP methods, you cannot just use the jar files from confluence to achieve this. Those plugins are supposed to be running inside the confluence, not outside.

If you were not able to find an existing SOAP interface, then you have to write a REST method yourself (in the form of a plugin) and expose this in Confluence and consume the same inside your application.

Ya I know that I need to write the method and use it. But still I need some logic which will be retrieving that recent updates data. As of now I dont know that logic. I tried the combination of various exposed web methods to get the recent data. But I could not. Thats why I was searching the existing macros/class files of confluence so that at least I can get the idea how they are retrieving or creating that recent updates data and I can use that logic to write my own method.

Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 28, 2012

Ah, that makes sense. Why don't you download the Confluence source files itself by going to https://my.atlassian.com and check the code?

Thanks for telling me. But I could not find atlassian-bundled-plugins.zip and following class files :

RecentlyUpdatedContentMacro
RecentlyUpdatedContentService
RecentlyUpdatedMacroParams
RecentlyUpdatedMacroRequestParams
RecentlyUpdatedMacroTabProvider
RecentUpdate
RecentUpdateGroup

If you can help me, I will be thankful to you.

Thanks

Sonal Aggarwal

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 28, 2012

Argh. They are in the download version, so you can extract them from there, and they're useless to you because they are compiled classes.

If you want to use them as example code, then you need to download the source, as Renjith suggests. When you compile that source, you end up with them amongst other things.

0 votes
Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 28, 2012

There is something wrong, your question has the labels for OnDemand and you are talking about jar files from bundled plugins? And also I am not sure what you are trying to achieve by opening up the bundled plugins zip file.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 28, 2012

Those are bundled in with the off-the-shelf distributions.

They aren't generally available separately because you should need them separately. You can just download the relevant versions of Confluence and find them inside there of course, but I'm curious to know

• Why you think you need them
  • What they've got to do with OnDemand, as you've tagged the question with that (bearing in mind you can't upload coding there, so classes and libraries are utterly useless to you there)
  • Why you need a tranche of different versions?
  • If you're developing stuff, then the SDK should be capable of getting the stuff you need - is there a reason you aren't using that?
  • What you're actually trying to acheive

Hi

I am developing an application in which I have to display the recent updates data of confluence. I am using wsdl file "https://portal.globallogic.com/confluence-staging/rpc/soap-axis/confluenceservice-v1?wsdl" .But this wsdl file has not got any such web method exposed which can provide me the recent updates data. If you can help me know the way to get this data.

I was searching on internet there I came to know that we have got atlassian-bundled-plugins.zip file which contains "Update confluence-dashboard-macros-x.x.jar" which contains the mentioned class files to provide the recent updates data.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 28, 2012

That's simply not going to help you. Whatever you're seeing in the wsdl is what is exposed by the SOAP interface. Trying to add classes from internal functions into your application is pointless because the functions are intended to be used inside Confluence. You still need to talk to the Confluence installation remotely.

If you want to display the recent updates in another application, then you need to get Confluence to expose them in a way the other application can understand, and if you can't find that in the SOAP, you probably need to write a plugin to do it. I'd forget SOAP though and do it with REST, as that's the direction Atlassian are taking. If you want to be really rough and do it without any coding, you could just scrape the html from the Confluence dashboard, but that really is a dirty fix.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events