Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need a plugin to view Epics by fixVersion (yearly quarters) that update on drag

Paul Wallace April 15, 2021

Hi, I need a Confluence view of all my Epics, organised by fixVersion which are quarters (Q1, Q2 etc). When I drag the Epic from from quarter to another the fixVersion is updated in the Epic. I don't want the Epic to calculate it's own fixVersion or position on the view according to the status the child Stories/Tasks e.g. Roadmaps/Portfolio. 

Thanks for your help. 

1 answer

0 votes
Diego
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 28, 2021

Hello there @Paul Wallace! I can see how a feature like that would be beneficial. I would like to point out that our Jira Issues macro might be able to help you out with this: 

Insert the Jira issues macro

However, I would like to better understand your needs. Here we go:

1. How would that view look like?
  2. Do you need to drag and drop issues to order them?

Let us hear from you!

Paul Wallace April 29, 2021

Hi. To describe what I need I have found and and trialing the Comala Canvas add -on. My basic requirements are to:

• Show Issues on a board with columns by field e.g. Fix Version
  • When I drag the stories around to different columns the Fix Version (or what ever field I am using to organise the Issues) is updated. 

The above product does this very well and even supports a matrix view where I can show columns and rows by various Jira fields. 

However there is only one real problem. A column only supports one Jira issues horizontally, meaning if I have a lot of issues my column can get very long and the board unwieldy. It also doesn't scroll so if I have say 15 columns the Jira Issue "cards" on the board shrink to fit in to one screen. Not good on a laptop say. 

Hope that's clear. Thanks for your input.  

Diego
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 11, 2021

Good to hear that you were able to find a software that does what you need. I noticed that you linked to a Jira app.

Is your current need inside Jira or in Confluence?

For suggestions on the app you have found, the best course of action would be to contact Comala directly:

Comala Canvas for Jira - Support

Let us hear from you!

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events