MySQL 5.7 support?

Thorsten Heit August 22, 2016

This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: Confluence 6.0.0-m EAP Release Notes

Is MySQL 5.7 supported in Confluence 6? The latest online documentation states only MySQL 5.5 and 5.6, and there are a few issues trying to run with 5.7 server; see

I'm using the workaround provided by user Yurii K. in https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-40198 to have my Confluence 5.8.13 instance running with MySQL 5.7...

2 answers

0 votes
Ralf Ramge
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
May 24, 2017

Dear Atlassian Devs,

please make sure that you provide support for at least MySQL 5.7 (better would be 5.8, which is already available) as soon as possible.

MySQL 5.6 reaches its end-of-life in about 9 months (February 2018) and will also no longer be available in various Cloud environments then. Please don't forget that your customers will also need some time to migrate their Atlassian services to a supported MySQL version before that deadline.

If you need any assistance here, feel free to contact me. I am an official Oracle Partner and can supply you with resources and testing environments for free, if necessary.

Cheers,

Ralf

0 votes
Rachel Robins
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 23, 2016

Hi Thorsten, 

We don't plan to add support for MySQL 5.7 in Confluence 6.0, but it is on our radar and we hope to add support in a future release. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events