My activity stream macro is showing info in wrong language

Cristhian Heredia
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
August 15, 2019

Hello we are an Spanish language used company, but we are ok using content in english, but the activity stream macro is showinf the feed info on some oriental kanguae and i cannot change it (seems chinese) here is an screenshot: http://prntscr.com/ot38f0

2 answers

0 votes
sukkeong
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 9, 2021

There is an open bug addressing this issue: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRASERVER-42361?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels%3Acomment-tabpanel&showAll=true

There are some discussions in the comments of the ticket above that list some workarounds.

Currently, my organisation's setup  is experiencing the same issue with JIRA7.13. The option to disable/enable Activity Stream plugin did not help. Thus, the next attempt would be to restart JIRA and be the first to login to default the language to my profile default.

0 votes
Diego
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 16, 2019

Hello there Christian!
As I understand, the Activity Stream gadget is not displaying text with the native instance language. Is this affirmation correct?

The screen capture sent our way shows that the language displayed by Confluence is Korean, which is strange.

There are a few things we can try out. Here they are:

1- Access the same page with a different browser
2- Try clearing the browser cache
3- Check if another user is affected by this
4- Check if a newly inserted Activity Stream behaves the same
5- Can you verify that the instance global language is indeed set to the desired language?

Let us know what you find out, Christian. Looking forward to your reply!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events